The world of solar electricity is changing and growing rapidly. Solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity is now affordable for us in our everyday lives. The time has now arrived for sunny Alberta to harness another of its abundant energy resources. Are you ready for it?
• What is solar PV? What does it look like? What are its advantages?
• How do you go about getting a system on your house?
• What does a system cost for your house?
• What can you do on your own? From where do you get the equipment?
• How does it give you secure and stable energy prices?
• Does the government have any money in it for you?
• What are the economics of it?
• Are you allowed to have fun with solar PV, or is it boring?
Gordon Howell has a BSc in electrical engineering from the UofA in 1975 and is celebrating exclusively working in the solar photovoltaic (PV) industry for 33 years. He co-founded Howell Mayhew Engineering in Edmonton in 1985 and has worked on PV system design, development, consulting, performance measurement and analysis, and PV standards development. He has been involved in 138 PV projects in BC, Alberta, the Yukon and Northwest Territories. He loves helping people understand solar PV and what it can do for them -- this is his 465th PV presentation.
Over the years he has worked with Alberta’s government, electricity regulators, utilities and municipalities to identify and eliminate the barriers to grid connected solar-PV systems in order to help Alberta get ready for inexpensive wide-scale solar electricity. This time has now come!
Thank you to Newo Global Energy for recording the video of this seminar.